Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cough, Cough Go the Kids

The last two nights have been extra tough:(

Luke has a croupy cough.  Thankfully, he did not require a "steam treatment" last night, but he still woke up more times than I care to remember(10) between coughing and just random crying.  That random crying woke up Kate at least 3 or 4 times.  Plus, she woke up once or twice on her own because she cut her other front tooth.(finally!)  Her teeth have definitely bothered her and affected her sleeping the last 2 weeks.  I really, really, really hope she will start sleeping better again now that the teeth are through!

I'm just.so.tired!

I thought Luke would crash early last night since he wasn't feeling well.  Not the case.  He was wound up and extremely grouchy!  By the time he finally settled it was 9.  Half an hour later he was already coughing and crying....so I knew I was in for a long night.

I wish I could say that I was as patient with Luke as the first night....but I can't.  When he woke me up for the 4th time before midnight with random crying and couldn't tell me what he needed and woke up his sister I started to get frustrated.  I wanted to cry myself.  I was just so tired.  I took a deep breath and tried to just make it through the moment.  Even though the sleep was very broken, at least I go some.  Today I am feeling very bleary eyed.  The expectations will definitely be low for today...no big projects for me!

This morning we had to get moving extra early(of course).  Ellie and Kate had physicals at 8am.  Luke had to come with me and I brought Sarah because she has a bad cold and a cough that has been getting worse, not better.  Good thing I did, because it seems she is starting with pneumonia.

Mike has an awful cold, too.  Hopefully it won't turn into something more!  I will definitely be keeping an eye on that!

The joys of parenting:)

I know that this too shall pass.....I just hope that before today passes that I have an opportunity for a nap!