Friday, June 29, 2012

Just Another Speed Bump

i.am.tired.

Too many days of rushing to get everyone ready and where they needed to go, then rushing home, the rushing to pick everyone up.  Everyone everywhere...everyday different.  Too much planning to do and not enough sleep!  I like having the kids home....but I miss the school year routine.

This morning was not organized with everyone going everywhere.  I was running late...one teenager was cranky and snappy because one of his siblings took his headphones and he needed to leave; one teenager didn't know the details of the day and the other teenager, who was doing the very same thing and was in the same room when we were discussing the day(!), happened to mention as I was dropping them off that the schedule of the day was different than what we thought!  Ugh...so teenager #2 had to be driven back home to change...and I was very late dropping Peter off at camp.(And completely frazzled!)

Feeling like a bad mom today...and struggling SO much with patience!  I keep trying to re-focus and take a deep breath but the baby that won't nap and the 5 loads of laundry waiting to be folded and the bills/paperwork is waiting to be done.....

I opened my email and read Today's Quiet Moment...


There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future.
St. Augustine

Thank goodness!(And, just in case you were wondering...I fall into the "no sinner without a future" part of the quote!!!

So..........deep breath!  This is just another speed bump!

Now, if I can just get through the rest of the afternoon without biting everyone's head off and folding the mountain of laundry!


According To Denise

2 comments:

Denise said...

Summer can be so busy! Yes the craziness is a speed bump and you can get over it. Take some time to breathe and relax. Hugs

joy said...

First time visiting your site snd i love the way you tell about your daily life and struggles and faith:) your a good mother:)