Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Moment In Time

It's Tuesday..my crazy work morning day.  I did a good job getting out of bed earlier this morning and, thankfully, Luke and Kate slept until 6:45.  I was in the shower when they started waking up so Ellen, being the great big sister that she is, climbed onto our bed to keep an eye on Kate.

When I first walked in the room Luke yelled excitedly, "Baby Kate's awake!"  It just really struck me how cute they all are together.  Kate was all gummy grins and her arms and legs were pumping because she was so excited to see everyone.  Luke was being so sweet with Kate...giving her hugs and making her smile with his high pitched, "Hi, honey!"  Ellie was being sweet with both of them.  They were all so happy.

It was one of those moments where you just take in the scene with all of your senses...well, except taste!...and you just want to keep it in your memory forever!  Ellen's love for her siblings; Luke's love for Kate and his squeaky little voice and Luke and Kate's soft, pudgy little bodies and, of course, Kate's adorable gummy grin.  Even the faint scent of "pee-pee diapers" will be something I miss someday!

It was one of those moments when I wish that time could stop for at least a little while so I could enjoy these moments just a little longer.....

....and one of those moments when I feel overwhelming appreciation for the gifts I have been blessed with!