Friday, August 31, 2012

5 Minute Friday

I'm trying something new today!  It's a 5 Minute Friday "Flash Mob".  I write for 5 minutes on a one word prompt that is provided without pre-planning or trying to be all perfect.(Like that happens any other day anyway!...lol)  Jon is timing me...so here goes nothing!
Today's Word of the Day:

CHANGE:

I tend to not like change...I can deal with change if my favorite ice cream flavor is out and I have to choose another....that's about it!

Change feels like I have guzzled 3 large DD coffees at once....all jittery and crawling out of my skin and there's nothing I can do about it.

I wrestle and wrestle with change...with the occasional tantrums and frustration when I realize that denying change will happen is a futile effort.

Even good change is hard and requires extra energy and time...and usually money.  All of which we tend to be short of.

The only real change I like is buying new furniture or new clothes for my family...and occasionally for myself depending on how I'm doing with the body image demons that day!  But that takes money, too.(refer to last paragraph...)

I can do all things with God's grace...but sometimes I forget to ask.
STOP....5 minutes are up!
Five Minute Friday
Also hooking up with Paloma @
The Coffee Shop