Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Something Needed..Just Not Sure What!

Do you ever have those days when your life feels like a 500 piece puzzle....all jumbled and scattered all over the floor with no picture to use as a guide?  And no matter how much you try to work on it, you just can't get it to come together.  You have a corner together on one side, random clumps together here or there that you have no idea where they truly fit.  But no cohesion, no plan, and trying to find that special piece that will help to tie it all together.

That's how I feel right now.

And I'm just so tired.

Luke is on the verge of 3 and still waking up during the night.  When he wakes up he's really still half asleep and talking through his dream.  Last night he was babbling about seeing the excavators.  But he cries too, and because he's only half awake he doesn't even know what he needs.  And this night waking happens 2 or more times a night.  Last night I think it was 3 times...might have been 4.

Kate, who had been doing such a great job sleeping, is now waking multiple times a night, too.  I don't know if it's because of teething(those top two teeth have been looking like they are getting ready to arrive soon), or  if it's because she is in a very clingy stage and just feels insecure, or if she is developing crappy sleeping habits just like her siblings.

Being woken up 6 to 8 times each night is starting to take its toll.

I know it will get better....of course, I've been saying that for almost three years now.  But, really, they have to sleep through the night someday!

I guess I'm just feeling burned out and tired....and not sure how to make it better.

Plus, when I'm tired, all my negative feelings just seem to get magnified.  I now it's a choice to focus on all the blessings in my life....it's just not so easy to do that right now.

Trying to just take everything one moment at a time!

So, in the words of Dory....."Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming......"