Tuesday, August 7, 2012

All About Luke!

Today is Luke's 3rd birthday!  I cannot believe that it's been three years since we met the little man who has brought so much joy to our family!  He was a new little life given to us at a time when we thought we were moving on to the next stage in our lives....but God had other plans.(And His plan was really good :)

I will never forget the look of joy on Jay's face when I told him I thought I might be pregnant.  I will never forget the cheers from the kids when we told them I was pregnant.  I will never forget the tears in Jay's eyes as we met Luke for the first time and the gentle words of the doctor who delivered him...."No matter how many times you see it, every birth is very special."

I won't forget how the teenagers fought over time to hold Luke as a baby....and how they taught him how to play baseball and dribble a basketball when he could barely even walk!  I love the way they want to do the things we did with them when they were young so that Luke gets to experience it....anything from going to the zoo to only buying primary color play-do so that he can have the fun of mixing and "creating" colors himself!  And no one else but Luke can get away with waking any of them up in the morning without getting a grumpy response!

Luke is a joy!  The way he thinks and talks is so cute...his imagination is incredible....and he is constantly amazing us and making us laugh!  (He also has a stubborn streak that can push any of us to the limits of our patience!)

Luke's birth and development have brought a lot of healing to all of our family.  For the older boys, they were old enough to teach and play with and enjoy a little brother who had the ability to learn and play in a normal way.  For me, going through Luke's pregnancy without the depression I had struggled with during Peter and Ellie's pregnancies, felt like it was a do-over...and, for the most part, I was able to enjoy being pregnant.  Being given the gift of a new life that we weren't expecting gave me an even greater appreciation of Luke growing inside of me.  Luke is a blessing!

His big brown eyes...... 

And infectious giggle....
His silly faces......
His sweet little grin.....
His desire to be a part of eveything.....

His LOVE of trucks....
Becoming a big brother....
Loving his little sister....

Happy 3rd Birthday to our special Little Bear!