Thursday, August 2, 2012

Just a Little Godincidence

I was able to get some quiet time last night(thanks, honey:) and a slightly better night's sleep(thank-you, Luke) so today was feeling a little brighter.

I got to spend an hour doing adoration at church last night.  I enjoyed the silence immensely.  I didn't bring my own book with me, so I picked one off the book shelf.  It was the Life of  Faustina Kowalska written by Sister Sophia Michalenko.(One of my all time favorites.)

St. Faustina(she was canonized by Pope John Paul II on April 30, 2000) lived in the early 1900's in Poland.  She received incredible visions that led to the The Divine Mercy devotion.

Several other people in our parish that do adoration at different times are reading the book as well.  There were multiple makeshift bookmarks holding spots where they left off.

I decided to randomly open the book, searching for some tidbit of inspiration to refocus my heart and mind away from the tired, mildly depressed funk I've been stuck in lately.  I ended up opening to one of the makeshift bookmarks that someone had labeled "Michelle's page".  I have to admit I was a bit surprised.  I think I know who the Michelle is that is reading the book, but it felt a little like a "Godincidence"....a God inspired coincidence.  I mean, really, what are the chances?!?

So I read "my page"(lol) and it felt right.  What I got out of it was that this is a time of introspection for me...and despite what's going on in the outside world, I need to stay close to God in my inside world.  I'm being worked on and it will take a little time.(And believe me, there's a LOT to work on!  I am an over budget, overtime job for sure!)

This morning when I was thinking about it, these types of pictures popped into my head(just add a little caution tape!)

    

That's me....a constant work in progress.  I'm just glad to be heading in the right direction!(At least for today:)