Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Enjoying the Cute Moments!

I love Luke's imagination!  He turns everything into pretend play....and for parents with a special needs child, pretend play is especially rewarding!

Right now, Luke is into dinosaurs and construction trucks(still).  He pretends to be a baby triceratops many times throughout the day!  He also announces that I am the 'mommy triceratops' and Kate is the 'little baby triceratops'.  He especially likes to play this game on my bed.

...here is the 'nest' he asked me to make him....

 ....'baby triceratops' going to sleep...
 ....Kate wants in on the action...
 ....'little baby triceratops' on the nest...(she wants to do everything Luke does)



Three other especially cute moments...
Kate walking on grass for the first time:)  Much less even than the floors in a house so she looked like she had been drinking....but she kept getting up and trying again...and again, and again, and again!



These pics are Luke "lifting weights" with Daddy!  
After they were done, 
Luke followed Jay in the garage and watched him sand a small woodworking project for Sarah's school.  
Luke is definitely Daddy's little buddy!


And...last but not least....my conversation with Luke at lunch:

Luke:  "Mommy, can I have a piece of cheese from your salad?"
Me:  "Sure, Luke."
Three pieces of cheese later......
Luke:  "Mommy, will you make me a salad with cheese?  But NO tomatoes!  I don't like tomatoes!"
Me: "OK, here's your cheese.  Do you want lettuce?"
Luke: "No, thank-you, I don't like lettuce."
Me:  "So what else do you want in your salad?"
Luke:  "Umm...just cheese!"

Linking up today with Just Write and Sharon @Mom of 6.