Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Sad Day



Today I am linking up with Shell at Pouring My Heart Out at Things I Can't Say....

So...here goes.

Everyone has the right to choose to vote a certain way.

For me, today is a sad day.  I feel unsettled...not only for me but for the world that my children are growing up in.

Mindy at New Equus wrote today about riding a horse in the dark and turned it into a comparison of finding faith and comfort and trust.  I could use those three things today.

One of my facebook friends posted a quote from J.R.R. Tolkien that was touching to me...

‎"All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost, the old that are strong do not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring, renewed shall be blade that is broken, the crownless again shall be king."

When I turned to the Word this morning, I turned towards the end of Acts, when St. Paul recounts the story of his conversion.  I can pray for those in office and the decisions that will be made over the next four years.  I can work on myself and all the ways that my own heart is not open to God.  If I work on me....then I can be a vessel that brings God's love to others.  God's love changes all...even the most hardened hearts.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and rely not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths."  Proverbs 3:4-7