Monday, July 23, 2012

Did Someone Call For A Taxi?

I began my taxi driving services this morning with a blast from the past floating through my head.  Remember the Bangles hit "Manic Monday"?  Well, the refrain has been stuck in my head all day and I can't remember the last time I heard it on the radio?!?(Probably 20 years ago!)

"Just another manic Monday(Ohh...ooo)
I wish it was Sunday(Ohh..ooo)
Cause that's my fun day(Ohh..ooo)
An I don't have to run day(Ohh..ooo)
Ohhh...Just another manic Monday!"

I wouldn't really call my day "manic".  I did do a couple of errands this morning...but honestly I was running at a slower rate than normal today.  There was lots of broken sleep going on in our house last night and I am feeling kind of tired. (You know the kind of tired that when you stop the car in the driveway and you close your eyes and just don't want to move..until the baby screams or the toddler starts chanting for a snack!)

 Seems there will be an additional person to carpool this week.  Mike's car had a blinking check engine light and he mentioned it to Jay, who just happened to receive a phone call from our mechanic who was trying to contact our friend just hours before he(the mechanic) left for vacation.  Our mechanic(Joe), who is unbelievable(another 80's song reference...hee hee..I'm on a roll!), told Jay to have Mike bring his car by at 3.(Mercy hour!)  Joe hooked it up to the machine and, though he didn't have enough time to thoroughly diagnose the problem, deemed it unable to be driven until it is fixed.

So even though Mike will be car-less for a bit(Joe's on vaca for a week...sigh), thankfully, Mike won't be driving around potentially destroying his engine!

I guess it's all about how you look at things!  

I'm seriously thinking about getting myself a taxi sign and charging my kids for miles driven!!!!