Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Space to Breathe

I am slowly trying to recover from the insanity of our schedule over the past 2 weeks...a prom, a semi-formal prom, 3 awards banquets, 2 Baccalaureate Masses, 3 graduations, an IEP meeting...not to mention a couple of basketball games, lots of meetings, a couple of birthdays and Jay running the youth group car wash!

Can I just say that I am beyond tired!

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday and Sunday is Father's Day....and I am all planned out!  Oh...and Ellie is in the school's talent show tonight...her idea, not mine, but it was something she really wanted to do!  Last night was the rehearsal...which we missed (add it to my bad mom list) but I just couldn't do one.more.thing!  Literally...I was starting to twitch.

I am burned out!

You know when you get to the point where you just don't know what you need anymore???

Weeks of organizing schedules, planning ahead to try and make things special for each one of them, (even when celebrations fall on the same day!), have taken a lot out of me.

Meanwhile, the dishes, laundry and cooking aren't on vacation!  All the other kids' still have their needs, too!

Sarah made a comment today about something we were talking about (that I don't remember at the moment)....she said, "You're the Mommy."  To which I answered, "Yep...24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year."

No wonder I'm so tired!

I'm definitely in need of some N.P.T.O. time...not paid time off!

How do you decompress after periods of extreme chaos?