Monday, October 6, 2014

What a Way to Start the Week!

Mondays never feel like the most exciting day of the week....unless it's a long weekend!(I'm looking forward to next weekend's Columbus Day Holiday!:)

This morning was quite the introduction to the week!  Peter woke up at 5am asking for a glass of water.  He was wide awake and wanted to lay on the couch, so I let him and went back to lay down with Kate and Luke who had both woken up when I got up to help Peter.

Well, 15 minutes later I heard Peter dry heaving.:(  He vomited twice....but thankfully didn't have much in his stomach.  Thinking back to yesterday, he didn't really eat a whole lot all day so his stomach was probably bothering him then.

I set Peter up on the couch with his pillow and a sheet and a cartoon to watch.  I always feel so bad for the kids when they feel lousy!

I helped Luke get ready for school.  While I was helping him get dressed, I found a tic in his arm!:(

What a way to start the day...and all before 8am!

Peter napped most of the morning and I have to say that I was dragging!  I was also trying to keep my anxiety at a manageable level!  (Last winter and spring was filled with more than our fair share of illness for our family, so someone getting sick was making me panic!  I have been hoping for an easier year, so a stomach bug in early October is not making me feel hopeful!) I was trying to keep Kate quiet,too, so that Peter could nap and she was very happy to have a playmate and came up with numerous games to keep us occupied.

As bumpy as the  morning started out, spending some one-on-one time with my little girl that is growing up with lightning speed right before my eyes was a blessing, too.  Since her brother was sick, we just hung out.  My to-do list got thrown out the window....and we just spent time together.  That part is a blessing.

It's these everyday moments that I want to remember(sans illness preferably!).....

....Just watching her play....

....watching her chubby toddler cheeks....

....the way she concentrates.....

....the way her hair frames her face....

....her sweet little voice....

....just the everyday nothing moments...

....of Kate being Kate...

....even when her sassy side kicks in!
I've been through the toddler stage more than half a dozen times before, but every child is different and brings their own share of joy and challenge to the process.  Even though I think that I have appreciated Luke and Kate's littleness in a special way after having older kids that grew up way too fast(!), it is still catching me off guard a little at how fast time is going.  

For today, I get to take care of my under-the-weather son and spend time with my little girl. 
When I consider it with a different focus, it's not such a bad way to start the week off after all!