Monday, October 27, 2014

Get Ready, Get Set, WEDDING!:)

What an exciting weekend!  Wedding prep, our anniversary, rehearsal dinner, the wedding, pictures, reception....just, WOW!  I think it's going to take a few days to catch up on sleep after so much excitement!  (But it was totally worth it!:)

There was so much that happened in such a short amount of time!  It took me quite a while just to go through all the photos I took and edit them.  I need to learn more about my camera because some of the pics were off bc of the different lighting.:(  I guess I will add another item on my to-do list!

I'm thinking that there is just waaaaay too much to share for one post.  I will spread it out over the week...plus it will add to the suspense!;)

(In case you missed it, last week I did several special posts leading up to the wedding.  If you want to catch up, you can find them here:  All Things BridalTil Death Do Us PartOn Seasons and ChangeFor Better or For Worse, and a special Anniversary tribute to my hubby!:)

Thursday was the start of the wedding prep....girl time and nail appointments for the bride to be(my sil, Julie), the matron of honor(my sil, Jackie), and me.  It was a lot of fun getting to relax in the salon and be pampered!
Julie has the french manicure, Jackie the neutral color, and I got the wine color

Friday was an incredibly busy, yet special, day!  Not only was it the rehearsal dinner, but it was also our 22nd wedding anniversary!  Jay took the day off so that we could spend part of the day together.  We got to start the day off at Mass, then breakfast.  We had Kate with us, too...
She had pancakes in case you were wondering!?!
Sorry, I didn't realize she still had a mouthful when I took the pic!
Since I still had to get some things to get for the wedding, Jay and I spent some time together at the mall(so I could get some make-up and the rest of the wedding gift) and at the grocery store!  Such a romantic couple, aren't we!?!

At least I got a pro to do my make-up!
Luke's pre-k class was having a Halloween parade Friday afternoon, so we stopped by school on the way home...

Luke is Optimus Prime!

Luke and his friend, Josh.  As his mom, Laura, said....
Optimii Prime:)

After the parade we went home for a short while.  Then, I went to Sarah's volleyball game half-an-hour late because I wrote down the wrong time! Ugh!  (There goes my mother-of-the-year-award again!)

By the time we got home, it was time to get ready for the wedding rehearsal.  It went really well.  Julie and Tom looked so happy.  We had a grown up night hanging out with Jay's family and eating good food.  #notabadwaytospendouranniversary!


It's funny how life works sometimes!  It's was strange to think that we have been married 22 years(!) on the eve of my sister-in-law's wedding!  Jay and Julie are only 4 years apart....but we got married really young and it took Julie a while to find "Mr. Right".  

We are so glad that Julie found Tom...and Tom found Julie.  They truly complement each other.  Tom is a great guy and very family oriented!  Everyone left the restaurant on Friday night looking forward to Saturday's wedding...

.....and hopefully you will be looking forward to more pictures and stories tomorrow!:)