Friday, October 17, 2014

Say Cheese!

This week was such a crazy, exciting week after a busy long weekend!  I haven't really had a chance to catch my breath!  I'm hoping this weekend will give me a chance to decompress and process a little!  (Although, it is Jay's weekend to work and they have been really busy this week so I'm not quite sure how that will work out!  Sigh)

Besides trying to decompress, I'm hoping to get some items checked off the to-do list!  We still have air conditioners to clean and put away for the winter and an awning to take down.  On Saturday, Sarah, Ellie, and I are going to pick up our bridesmaids dresses for my sister-in-law's wedding next weekend!  That special day is almost here!

Even Andrew has been asking me why I haven't posted our weekend pictures....so, without further ado, here are some of the highlights from the weekend!

#1:  Godfathers & Godchildren
One of the special things about having multiple children quite a few years apart is that the older children are able to be Godparents to their youngest siblings.  I think it's a really special bond.  (Jon and Sarah frequently request "just one more baby!" so they could both be godparents. ....I tell them that their siblings will happily supply them with Godchildren at some point in the not so distant future!;)
Andrew with Kate


Love caught with the camera....:)

Mike with Luke

Mike's love is obvious...and Luke is being Luke!

....but Luke totally adores his big brother:)

#2:  Family Photos 
There are lots of times that I go into a day, specifically holidays or special outings, when I tell Jay that I really want to get a picture with all the kids together.  I've learned that if I don't get a picture at the beginning of the day then it just won't happen!  Our apple picking outing was no exception!  Getting 8 people to actually look at the camera at once, (I don't even expect everyone to smile!), is not.easy.at.all!  Add into the equation that I have a couple of sons that don't enjoy having their picture taken and I might get 30 seconds of cooperation!

I had these grandiose plans of getting the perfect shot to go on our Christmas cards this year....

....guess I need to keep trying!
The sun is not cooperating!


Nor is Kate!

This was probably the best pic...and Peter isn't looking and Mike is eating an apple!
Seriously...you can't stop eating for the 30 second photo session?!?

Like Godfather, like Godson....
 #3:  Daddy and Daughters


Yep...he's wrapped!

#4:  Sibling Time


Kate wasn't interested in picking apples....only eating one and "standing in the trees":)

I made sure I got in at least one pic!
#5:  Taste Testing
Luke took care of that all on his own..."Like a boss!"


#6:  The Fruits of Our Labor
(pun intended!)

An apple pie, a large apple crisp, and a small gluten free apple crisp for my dad:)

#7:  Random Pics from the Weekend
Mike surprised Jay and I with Assumptions sweatshirts.
 Luke felt left out so Mike let Luke wear his;)
Jon was complaining that we don't have any Halloween celebrations...I'm a Fall decoration person, not Halloween.  So, Jon ordered his own skeleton.  It arrived while Jon was at school and Peter was very excited!


He was hugging the skeleton and giggling!

Jon dressed it up, (it even had underwear!).
The skeleton has been dubbed Napoleon 'Bone'aparte!
Last but not least...
Mike wanted to take Kate and Luke to the zoo on Monday afternoon before he left.(Mike always loved going to zoos when he was little...and now he loves taking his little siblings.) 
I love how much they love each other:)

The zoo is decked out with Halloween decorations for it's annual 'Boo at the Zoo' event.
I was hoping to get there last weekend but we didn't have time...maybe this weekend!

My oldest and my youngest....
Thanks for sticking with me for my plethora of pictures!  I hope you have a great weekend!:)