Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday Already?

I can't believe it's Wednesday already!  Last weekend and the beginning of the week have just been crazy! We've had basketball games, a super bowl party, spent lots of time with Mike trying to encourage him and figure out what direction he wants his undergraduate degree to take, two days of snow including today's snow day for all the kids, a field trip for Luke, dermatologist appointments for me and Jay, and brainstorming ways to make 3 birthday boys feel special this month! (Mike will be 21 on Friday(!), Andrew will be 19 on Friday and Jon will be 18 on the 24th!)

That's the reason for the small blog haitus...I just didn't have it in me!  I have lots of post ideas...and many cute pictures to share...but there just weren't enough hours in the day.

I know I've said it before, but parenting older teens and young adults is even more difficult that parenting the younger kids with their sleepless nights and constant care.  With the older kids it is just so incredibly emotionally exhausting.

And we get to parent both groups all at the same time! Yay!

I so wish we could just hop on a plane and go somewhere warm for February vacation!  I am soooo in need for some sunshine....and a change of scenery!

I was trying to finagle some quick  overnight trip over the vacation but I can't seem to coordinate everyone's schedules.  Jon's basketball team is in a tournament the first 3 days of the vacation, and Andrew and Mike still have classes that week.  Plus, finding somewhere to go that has something to interest all the kids is really hard to do!  Of course, waiting until the last minute to find something isn't in my favor for availability, either.  I guess I will keep looking around and see if something works out.

I have to say that I am soooo ready for spring!  On a happy note, have you noticed that it now stays dark until after 5!  Love that:)

Jon, Sarah, Ellie, Luke and Kate all went to play in the snow on Monday in the late afternoon.  The older three all built snow forts and had a snow ball fight.  Luke helped with the building of the snow fort and then decided he was cold and ready for cocoa.

It was Kate's first real time playing in the snow and she loved it!  She wanted to hold my hand or my dad's hand.  We would give her a snowball and she would throw it and giggle and ask for more.  I wanted to take a picture of her all bundled up before we went outside but she was not interested!  So this is all I got....