Monday, February 24, 2014

A Happy Birthday Monday

Happy Monday!

February vacation has ended and we are back into our normal routine.  I think that the week went well....although I did enjoy the morning with just Kate.  So quiet!

This weekend was busy.  We had lots of fun....with two parties for Jon.  Friday night was a surprise birthday party for Jon with his friends.  To my great surprise, he actually knew nothing about it!  (I will share some pics later in the week:)

On Saturday night, we had a family birthday party.  Jon's dinner choice...cheeseburgers with a side of homemade mac and cheese.  I got him an ice cream cake because Jon is an ice cream fiend, but Jay's mom still made a birthday cake so that Peter...and the rest of the kids...wouldn't be disappointed.


We also saw the Lego Movie this weekend.  We have been trying to coordinate a time that we could all go and it finally worked out.  Andrew and Jon loved it!  So did the girls.  It was Luke's very first movie at a movie theater.  He was very excited!  

He liked the movie, but about 2/3 of the way through he said, "Can we go home now?  I want to build with Legos!"

When we did get home, Andrew, Jon and Luke all started going through the Legos.  Legos have been such a huge part of Andrew and Jon's childhood....and now they are getting Luke into Legos, too!  I love it:)

Which leads to today....Jon's official 18th birthday!  I cannot believe that he is 18...and a senior!  I still remember meeting him for the very first time!  He arrived 2 weeks early....probably the only time in his life that he wasn't a procrastinator!;)

Happy Birthday, Jon!  Dad and I are so proud of the young man you are becoming!  Love you!
Another 'adult' in the house!  Sigh...."The days are long but the years are short!"-Gretchen Rubin 

p.s. A very happy first birthday to my beautiful Goddaughter, Evie!:)