Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Five Favorites

I'm doing something I haven't done for a while and linking up with Moxie Wife for Five Favorites!
So, without further ado,(don't you just love that word!), I give you

Five Favorite Quotes
(and most of them I only found this morning...which inspired me to do this link up:)


I.
The love, loyalty, and dedication of Mary and Joseph are an example for all Christian couples, who are neither the friends nor masters of their children’s lives, but the guardians of this incomparable gift from God.
~Pope Benedict XVI
II.  
The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.  Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.  Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.  And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.  

(Yikes...that one is deep and hits a little close to home too often!)

III.


(This is the only one I had to search for...and after the last couple nights, I need all the energy I can get!
little ones + colds= lousy sleep for mom

IV.
(I hope I did that Roman Numeral right!  I still remember failing that test in 5th grade!)
Happiness is being in the moment Happiness Is... Being in the Moment
I read this today on the blog Mom of 6.  It's a subject that I have addressed a lot in my own blog.(There's 190 posts under my 'Living in the Moment' label!)  Trying to live in the moment is really important to me...and something I always need to work on and be aware of!  These kids grow up so fast.  Even though I feel that the daily avalanche of dishes, laundry and paperwork is endless, the reality is "Don't blink!", because this....
Mike at 5ish months

becomes this.....

Mike's 21st birthday earlier in the month
  way faster then you think!

V.
This quote is from Lisa Jo Baker's new book, Surprised by Motherhood.  
SurprisedByMotherhood_Pin_05_Opt
....and you know that I am all about chaos!

Happy hump day everyone!