Friday, October 4, 2013

An Interesting Week!

Linking up with Jen for 7 Quick Takes Friday!  Another week flies on by...and we jump into......

#1: October!
I wrote on Tuesday about my love of this wonderful month!  Although, the weather here has been more like August with highs near 80 degrees all week!  I'm looking forward to losing ten to fifteen degrees soon!  I'm just glad I didn't pack away all of the kids' shorts!


#2:  Furry Friends
Jay found a woolly bear caterpillar this weekend and Luke was enthralled!


This was Luke trying to convince me to let him take his new "friend" inside the house!
 "Don't worry, Mommy!  He's nice!  He won't hurt you!"

#3:  Still Painting!
Jay was on call this weekend but thankfully only had to work on Saturday morning.  Andrew and Jon painted in the morning and then Jay and Jon painted for most of the afternoon.  I think we still have at least 2 or 3 more painting days left...sigh!  I'm anxious to start the fall indoor projects!  

#4:  Cuteness
Back in the beginning of the week when the weather was still nice and "fall-like", I was inspired to take some pics of Kate in her cute new outfit..courtesy of Grandma and Pa.  (and Luke's pretty cute, too:)



Love this pic!  


And it's a good thing I took those pics to remind me of how cute they are because we have had....

#5: Three Nights From H.E. Double Hockey Stick!
I have no idea what the heck is going on at night!  Tuesday night was the worst.  Kate woke up at 12:30am and wanted nothing to do with staying in bed.  She wanted to watch "Umi"..which is Kate speak for Team Umizoomi....but that certainly wasn't happening!  I brought her in the living room to try and keep her from waking Luke.  She tolerated snuggling on the couch together but didn't get back to sleep until after 2!:(  

Wednesday afternoon she was so overtired that she took a half hour restless nap then screamed for half and hour inconsolably!(That was loads of fun:/)

Wednesday night, she crashed at 7:45 and then woke up again(!) at 12:15.  This time she woke Luke up so both of them followed me out to the couch.  Luke fell right back to sleep but Kate was up for about an hour.
:(  

Thursday night we made it all the way to 1:30.(sleeping in!)  Luke was restless because he has a cold, so Kate woke him up, too.  It took Kate only 20 minutes to fall back to sleep, but Luke was awake until after 2:30.

Sigh!  Tonight we are trying a little Benedryl for Luke's croupy cough.  Hopefully, I figure out what's going on with Kate or she just gets over this stage soon!   It's all about....

#6:  Perspective

It's all just one of the joys of parenthood!  Honestly, other than an overwhelming moment last night, I've been getting a lot of grace to be patient.   I know that this is just a speed bump!  

Right now, we have several people in our lives that are struggling with mountains!  We have friends dealing with unemployment, friends facing the fear of foreclosure, a friend hospitalized most of this week with cellulitis, and another facing a double mastectomy on Monday, not yet knowing the severity of the cancer she was diagnosed with 2 weeks ago. 

So, while three tough nights stink, I will gladly carry this small cross!

If you have a minute, please pray for my friends facing such big hurdles!  Pray in a special way for Jeannette, who has 2 young children and only her mom for family support as she faces a difficult surgery and an uncertain future.  I know that God is bigger than this difficult situation, and it is amazing to see so many people coming forward offering hope and help to this family.  You can just feel God working!  

And speaking of God.....

#7:  Great Quotes

I mentioned on Tuesday how many powerhouse feast days there are in the church this month!  St. Therese started off the month on the 1st and there was a really great quote from Catholic Digest from her yesterday:

Thursday, October 3

If I did not simply live from one moment to another, it would be impossible for me to be patient, but I only look at the present, I forget the past, and I take good care not to forestall the future.
St.Thérèse of Lisieux
Doctor of the Church

This quote definitely spoke to me this week!  Here's hoping that all of your weekend moments are filled with family and fun!