Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Just an Ordinary Day

Can I just tell you how much I love this weather!  It is perfect!  Sunny and not too warm....an absolutely beautiful, cloud free, blue sky!  Then, the day ends with weather cool enough to wear long pajamas and snuggle under a blanket!  There is nothing better than that feeling:)

We are mostly on the mend here.  Kate and Luke are both back to their normal playful selves!  That makes me so happy!

Jon is a little under the weather at the moment.  He had a low grade fever last night and a cold.  He stayed home to rest today.  He should be good enough for school tomorrow.  At least I hope so, because he has a double period of AP Calculus tomorrow!  That's not a good class to miss!

Since he wasn't feeling well, Jon has hung out on the couch today.  He watched a movie this morning and enjoyed watching Kate play.  (In his words, "Mom, Kate is so cute.  Is this how she plays every day?"....and all I can think about is that it seemed like just yesterday that he was the toddler playing at my feet!)

Mid morning, Jon asked what the lunch plan was.  (He takes after his father!  The day revolves around food!)  Jon looked at me with his big puppy dog eyes and said, "Well...we could get a pizza?  How often am I home not feeling good?  It would make me feel better........"

Jon is addicted to a local pizza restaurant's bbq chicken pizza!

Yes, I caved.(Sorry, honey....and no, there aren't any lefovers:(....)

Other than that, it's been a quiet day.  I got a walk in with a friend, which is great!  Kate doesn't want a nap and is, at the moment, eating an ice cream cone with Luke.(Luke's idea)  But it's the perfect ice cream cone day...and they are both so stinkin' cute!

Sometimes an 'ordinary day' feels just right!

Hope you're having a great 'hump day', too!