Thursday, March 1, 2012

Life's Big Steps

I can't believe that I have a 19 year old son in college.  It doesn't seem that long ago that I was a 19 year old in college!  My life was quite a bit different from Mike's though.  My first year of college included getting married and having my first child.  It was an exciting and very crazy time.  It's hard when stages at your life happen all at once instead of spread out over time the way they are meant to.  It was very hard learning to be a college student, grown-up, wife and mother all at the same time.  I am very thankful that, despite our young age, Jay and I received the grace to have a successful marriage. Our early marriage was a crazy time.  Thankfully we were too young to have many expectations of how things were supposed to be.  Within the first 6 years of our marriage we both graduated with undergrad degrees, had 4 children, lost one of those children, and Jay earned his Master's Degree in Physical Therapy!  I look back at it now and I don't know how we did it!  It was definitely God's Grace. 

I'm thankful that, at least right now, our 19 year old is still working on becoming a man who will be able to support the family he hopes to have one day.  I think it's definitely easier working on life's big steps one at a time!