Monday, March 5, 2012

Just an Ordinary Day

Marvelous Monday?  Well....I'm trying to put a positive spin on a day when it is usually tough to get out of bed and get going after a nice weekend.  Everyone was off to school/work as usual except Ellie who picked up a fever virus and is spending her day resting on the couch.  It's nice to see the sunshine through the windows and spend time with Luke and Kate.  I love listening to Luke talk right now.  He has the sweetest little voice and is so expressive!  His favorite show is Octonauts right now and after he watches it he pretends to "save" sea creatures with his "big truck."  It's so cute to see his pretend play skills...and it makes me feel good to see him developing as a neurotypical child.(After Peter's diagnosis, developmental milestones for the younger children took on a whole new meaning.)

So today I am just grateful for an ordinary day...no big catastrophe, no multiple commitments on the calendar tonight, no huge project I'm trying to accomplish.  Just the normal laundry, dishes, diaper changes and the precious everyday moments that I am trying hard not to miss or take for granted.