Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Having Fun

Living in New England always keeps us on our toes in regards to weather.  I do love a good snow...especially when it comes so late in the winter and I know it will only stay on the ground briefly!  There's something so peaceful about watching it fall and decorate the tree limbs and collect on the ground.

I like the snow even better when my family is all home together and I don't have to worry about them being out on the road.  Unfortunately, tonight isn't one of those nights when we can lock the doors and just chill on the couch.  But, thankfully, once Mike gets home from school its only Jay who has to go out again and he doesn't have to drive far.

Last night our 3 oldest were hanging out in the family room playing video games together.  They were having a lot of fun together.  It was so satisfying for me to hear their laughs and (happy) yells as they competed with each other in Wii sports.  I was grateful that they were getting along(some of their personalities are like oil and water!).    There have been times when I wondered if they would ever be able to tolerate being in the same room with each other...never mind being friends!   They were making happy memories and that made me happy!  Then, around 10:15, Jay and I spoiled their fun because we were feeling "old and tired" and needed to go to bed!