Friday, January 24, 2014

Another Crazy Week!

We made it to Friday!  What a weird week this has been!  

1. Fever Free!
I am thrilled to report that for the first time in a week our entire house is fever free!  With cautious optimism, I am hoping to remain illness free through the weekend!  After the last 7 weeks, that feels like a monumental task!  We even....wait for it...have plans(!).  My sister-in-law texted me last night and invited Jay and I out to dinner to celebrate her fiance's birthday at my favorite restaurant. 

Fever free and a date night...idk, seems too good to be true!

2. Pretend Play
You know your house has been sick a lot when...

the 2 year old is doing pretend play with her toy kitty saying the kitty is sick and having it 'throw up' in a bucket!  Then she comforts the kitty by rubbing its back and saying, "good, kitty".  

At least she has empathy!

3. Cute Moments Captured
Luke was "reading" How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Kate wanted to be close to Luke and listen to the story more than she wanted to get dressed!



4.  Back to School
Mike headed back to Assumption on Monday.  For the most part, his visit went really well!  I am actually sad that he is gone and miss having him around.  Having him away at school is such a change....and we are still wondering how many of our older boys will be living at their colleges come September!

5.  College News
Speaking of college, Jon has heard from two of the colleges he got into regarding financial aid.  He got a package that covered about half of the tuition at his dream school.  (Unfortunately, that 'other half' is still around $30,000!  ugh!)  

He also found out that he got a merit scholarship from our local state university that he applied to that gives him pretty much a free ride for four years as long as he maintains a 3.2 GPA!  We are very proud of him!

Now, we are waiting for school #3 to send us their information.  

Andrew is still working on his transfer applications, (bc he is very unhappy where he is this year), and then we will be waiting for answers for him, too!  

Exciting and overwhelming all at the same time!

6 & 7.  Before and After
So, way back in November, I mentioned that we were repainting our kitchen cabinets and adding a backsplash and painting our family room.  The cabinets got painted pretty quickly, but the backsplash took longer to get up.(Thanks to my sister and her friend for doing the backsplash!)  Then, I measured wrong so we ran out of tile and I had to order more.  

I have been waiting to share the pics until it was completely finished, but realistically, if I wait until the moldings are up or I order the big stencil that I want for a feature wall in the family room we will be ready to re-do the kitchen again!  So...here are some before and afters.(please ignore the dirty dishes in the sink!)   

before

after


before

after!
I love the new cabinet color!  It brightens up the space a lot!
The back splash is fun and brings in sage green in the glass tiles:)


before


after
I should have looked at the original camera angle that I took!
We painted the island a shade of green for a "pop" of color.
The color ties into the backsplash, too!
See, honey, all those hours watching HGTV aren't wasted!

Have a fun..and healthy...weekend!