Friday, February 8, 2013

Let it Snow....But Just a Little, Please!

We're in the midst of what could be, according to the weathermen, quite a blizzard.

I, for one, am not a fan!

I am all for 6-8 inches of snow and a snow day for my excited children!  A weekend with a predicted 18" of snow and the chance of no power....not so much!

It has made me feel antsy and insecure.  Did I get enough food?  Plan ahead enough?  Does Peter have enough things to eat?

I'm feeling inadequate for sure!

So, this morning I dragged myself out of bed after yet another relatively sleepless night.  (Gotta love new molars!)  I threw on clothes, brushed my teeth, dragged Sarah out of bed, changed Kate's diaper(I figured that she was warmer in footie jammies!) and put her coat on and off we went to brave the grocery store!

Coming over the hill near the store, I noticed the already full parking lot...and it was only 8am!

Once we got in the store, I methodically tackled my list.  Sarah took care of the deli, which was a huge time saver!  We were in and out in about an hour, which really wasn't bad.

I felt a lot better once it was done.  Now I know my kids won't go hungry this weekend!

The kids brought in the groceries and helped to put them away.  I made chicken pot pie soup, Peter's chicken and rice dish, and some chocolate chip cookies.

I also did 3 loads of laundry so that I wouldn't have to worry if the power goes out.

It felt like a full day before 1 o'clock!

I just hate feeling so unsettled.

Jay broke down and bought a generator several weeks ago before the last snow storm that did not live up to the hype.(Those are my favorite kind;)  I'm definitely grateful to have it!  Having no heat and a little one makes me a little crazy.  I'm still praying we won't have to use it...but with 60 knot winds predicted for several hours I'm not holding my breath!

I'm trying my best to focus on the positives!  I'm thankful that Jay was done with work by 1:30 and home safely.  I'm grateful that the governor put a driving ban in place so that Andrew couldn't go to work at 4.  I'm grateful that my kids have been getting along...at least so far.  Jon made up a cool lego game that Andrew, Sarah, and Ellie joined in on.  I got a couple of great pics but I was forbidden to put them on my blog....they said nothing about my facebook page, though!:)

Luke and Kate are thrilled to have their daddy home.  It has been a busy week with basketball games and practices so Jay has been out most nights.  All this time together...broken up with shoveling breaks(!)...will be a very good thing.