Thursday, December 6, 2012

When Things Get Bumpy

I'm reeling today from a situation that happened yesterday.  I can't explain the details here yet, but I have shed many tears and muttered many prayers to try and work through it all.

So....since it's still my 2012 Advent Challenge no matter how I feel.....I guess the question is "How do I see God work and find God's inspiration when I'm feeling so sad(and angry, and fearful, and discouraged)?"

For today, I would have to say that I have found God underneath all the yucky feelings in a level of peace that I know would only be possible with God.  I have found the introspection and desire to do things the right way....work through my feelings, confront the people that need to be confronted in a (mostly) calm, rational way, and to work to forgive and not allow bitterness to take root in my heart.  I reached out to people that had professional information to help me, too.  I am not willing to just sit back and be a victim.

At the same time, it's not easy to accept the reality that I have no real control about the chance of a repeat appearance in the future of this same situation.

It was incredibly difficult to get out of bed this morning...and not only because the sleep I got was broken and restless.  Facing the day was not easy, but it had to be done.

Advent is a time of penance....and my Advent penance has definitely been provided!  I would have rather given up chocolate!

"I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me"....I have repeated this phrase many times today.

I am trying to see how God can bring good out of the situation we find ourselves in and I am trying to praise Him through it all!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Has God inspired you to do something special or meaningful today(or recently:) for someone....or has someone done something inspired for you?  Please consider linking up and sharing that experience below!