Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Happy Birthday, Jon!

Today is a special day!  Jon has entered his last year of being a teenager!  I can't believe it has been 19 years since he was first placed in my arms!

It has always amazed me how different my kids' personalities are and how early they shine through!  Jon was always a very attached little guy.  As a baby, he was the first child I successfully nursed, and that gave us a special connection!  He was always a professional cuddler!  My grandmother used to love to just sit in a rocking chair with him snuggled on her lap and watch movies with him!

While he certainly doesn't cuddle with us anymore, Jon is still the one who gives daily hugs and is outwardly affectionate with our family.   I think it's a good thing!:)

Jon has always been the resident teaser!  That character trait showed itself as soon as he could walk!  A very vivid memory of Jon...which I've shared before so sorry for being redundant!...was walking towards the boys' bedroom because I heard complaining and Jon came "toddler running" out of the room with a toy cow in his hand and a look of sheer exhilaration and mischief on his face!  One look at that face and I knew we were in trouble!

Jon is laid-back with a very outgoing personality!  He has adjusted well to a demanding schedule as a mechanical engineering major at our local university.  He continues to alter serve at our parish and spends his free time napping, hanging out with his friends, spending time with his girlfriend(who is very nice:), playing Legos with Luke, watching Sportscenter(he is a huge Boston fan...especially the Patriots and Red Sox), and teasing his siblings!(some things never change;)

Jay and I are so proud of the young man he is becoming!(although sometimes I miss the chubby toddler he used to be!)


A brand new baby with no name...(that's a baby name book on my lap!)
We only had a girls name when he was born!

Happy baby!
Jon with Memere on his 1st birthday

He started his Smartfood addiction early..but look at those cheeks and big brown eyes!


With his school mascot


Some Father/son time at Fenway


Jon and Marisa



Happy Birthday, Jon!  We love you:)