Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

Why is it that weekends always go by so darn fast!

If you got a chance to read my post from Saturday, you already know that my weekend started with lots of emotion!  (Everyone needs a good cry now and again, right?)

On Sunday, the girls sans Ellie, because she was a little under the weather, went to my sister-in-law's bridal shower.  It all went very smoothly and everyone had a good time.  My sister-in-law, Julie, looked so happy!  My mother-in-law did a wonderful job putting it all together!  The cake and decorations were all homemade by her and looked beautiful.  It was nice to meet Julie's future in-laws, who were all very nice and extremely happy themselves to be welcoming Julie into their family.

Sunday was also the opening game of football season for the Patriots.  As I've mentioned in the past, our house is pretty full of Patriot fan-atics!  In fact, my mother-in-law is the biggest fan out of everyone so I was pretty shocked that Julie's shower was planned for a Sunday!  (Turns out that she didn't check the game schedule before she booked the hall.  When Julie started opening her gifts, my mil jokingly called out, "Hurry up, 15 minutes until kick-off!";)  

Unfortunately, at least the second half of the Pat's game would have been good to miss.  They played terrible in the second half and ended up losing...which always puts a small dark cloud over the men in my family!

Jay had some extra frustration when he decided to fix the leaky kitchen sink while I was gone to the shower.  It's one of those things that should be a quick fix but always ends up taking more time then you think.  It didn't help that the new part he picked up at Home Depot looked the same but wasn't quite right.:(  He got it put (mostly) back together, and hopefully we can get the right part this week to completely stop the leak....but it's better then before at least!

The day ended well...dinner, then a walk for Jay and I together, and just all sitting on the couch watching Wipeout.

I think if there was a do-over, Jay would have just left the sink dripping!
(I'm sure Tom Brady wishes he could have a do-over, too!;)

On the bright side, we are getting a new fridge this week!  My parents very generously offered to buy us one...I think they felt bad that half of our fridge is held together by duct tape and really way too small for all the groceries we buy.  So our 21 cu.ft. capacity fridge is being replaced by a 31.6 cu ft. capacity fridge with a bottom freezer and french doors.  I.can't.wait!

Luke's favorite part is that it's a "water fridge"!

Putting in a bigger fridge means changing around the kitchen and dining room.  (There are always projects happening around our house!)  I will get some before and after pics to share later in the week once the fridge arrives....and once I clean the house so I won't be embarrassed to show you the before and after pics!


Happy Monday!