Thursday, August 21, 2014

Throw Back Thursday....Special Cousin Edition

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth...really!  Things are a little crazy over here as we try and squeeze every last moment out of summer and prepare for the fast approaching school year!  With so many kids going in so many different directions, it's a bit overwhelming!

Hopefully I can figure out my new groove soon!

I'm here today for Throw Back Thursday........and another special birthday edition!

Today is my niece, Mya's 3rd birthday!  Mya defied the odds after arriving at only 23 weeks and 6 days gestation!  You can read more about that on the post I wrote on her first birthday here.

So, even though this throwback is really only a short "tossback", it's a pretty special one...just like Mya:)

Mya at birth(1 lb. 5 oz)...and at one year

During her 4 month stay in the NICU


Mya's first birthday party
(Mya is in the flower dress on the left and Kate is on the right in the green dress)

New Year's Day 2014

I still haven't figured out a way to get them both looking at the camera and smiling at the same time!

August 2014....special cousin time!

Mya's birthday party...with an adorable Hello Kitty cake made by Jay's mom!

Happy Birthday, Mya!
Love, Uncle Jay, Auntie Michelle
and all of your cousins:)