Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Slow Down August!

Sorry, everyone...the summer is getting the best of me!  With everyone home all.the.time there just isn't much free time to write.

Well, I shouldn't say everyone home!  Jay has been working like crazy and the older boys are almost always at work or out with friends.  It's like a revolving door for the boys...they go to work, rush home, shower, grab something out of the fridge and head back out again many nights of the week!

It's all good...just a wee bit crazy!

The little ones are enjoying the summer...lots of swimming and playing and play dates so that I don't have to play Transformers every moment of the day.  As soon as I sit down to do something, I hear Luke's little voice, "Mommy, want to play with me?".  (Pretend play is my nemesis!)

I'm trying to make the days as enjoyable as I can for everyone.  With the middle of August arriving this week, I have to start prepping for the dreaded "s" word.  I put it off as long as possible....but Ellie, Peter, and Sarah start school the last week of August.  In fact, Sarah has book pick up and volley ball tryouts next week!

Sigh.....

Andrew leaves for school two weeks from Saturday and I haven't even started to tackle his very long list of things needed to move away for the semester.  Mike won't need as much as last year, but he has a list, too!

Things will certainly be changing around here....

I hope the rest of your August goes by nice and s.l.o.w.!