Friday, July 18, 2014

It's Friday...'Whoot, Whoot!'




#1:  She Said

Jay:  Look, Kate, you're swimming!
Kate:  No, Daddy, I holdin'!



#2:  Sweet Treat
Jay surprised me on Wednesday night with a piece of tiramisu and a canolli!  I didn't get a pic of the canolli before it got devoured.....soooo good and sweet!  I did share with Jay, Sarah, Ellie, Jon and Luke, so it was a sweet treat without the guilt!:)

#3:  Family Fun
While Jay and the older kids were away last weekend at Pro Life Boot Camp, my parents helped me take the kids to Fort Phoenix Beach.  They have some old cannons on display there that Luke and Peter especially enjoyed seeing!:)
Seriously...no one looking at the camera!




#4:  Fixing up the Nest
I'm reading a few books right now.  One of them is called The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith....known among the blog world as "The Nester".  (I think the nickname is bc no one can figure out how to say Myquillyn!)  

I'm really enjoying the book, and it inspired me to get our dark colored ottoman re-upholstered into the lighter brighter colors that our living room has now.  Luckily for me, my friend, Carol, is an incredibly talented, crafty person.  We went shopping together for fabric, (girl time!), and she is already halfway done with it!  I can't wait to see the finished product!

#5:  #nobalance
One of my 'turning 40 reflections' has been realizing that I need to get a better balance in regards to taking care of my own needs.  This week, I've focused on exercise and tracking what I'm eating through the free app on fitness pal.  Week one has been a success...especially in regards to exercise.  I've walked multiple times, done a LesMills cardio workout, and a couple of 10 minute on demand exercise shows.  It feels good to fit in some 'me time'....I mean, seriously, it's amazing how hard it is to find 30 minutes a day to claim for myself!  Well...I've carved out 30 minutes for a week!  We'll see how next week goes!

#6:  Weekend Fun
We have a fun weekend planned!  Can't wait to tell you all about it on Monday:)  But before I wrap this up.....

#7:  Name That Girl
For anyone that guessed the baby pics from yesterday's post.......
The answer is:
1.Sarah
2. Kate
3. Ellie
4. Kate
5. Sarah 
6. Ellie

Have a great weekend!