Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Too Busy to Be Sick!

So, it's only Tuesday and already we are on plan 'b'!

Today was supposed to be Luke's field trip that I was going to help chaperone.  I wrote "supposed to" because I woke up losing the battle with the bronchial cough/cold that I have been fighting.  I just didn't have the energy....and I was "hacking up a lung".

I went to the doctor's this morning and was told I had bronchitis.  They did a chest x-ray to make sure I didn't have pneumonia.  I haven't heard anything yet so, hopefully, no news is good news!  I did get some antibiotics and then came home and rested with Kate while she napped.

This is not the week to get sick!  Sarah is getting Confirmed tonight and I was afraid that I wasn't going to feel up to going after how awful I felt this morning.  After my early afternoon siesta, I feel a little better.  

I'm hoping to feel up to chaperoning Ellie's field trip tomorrow!  We have house guests arriving on Thursday and I still have quite a bit of cleaning to do before they get here, too!

Oy!

Today would have been my Grandmother's 94th birthday.  It's the first birthday that she is spending in Heaven and it still feels strange that she is gone.

Today also would have been our daughter, Therese's, 16th birthday.  It always amazes me how much time has gone by since her brief stay with us in this life!  It's always such a tough transition to go from celebrating Sarah's birthday on the 19th to grieving Therese's birthday on the 20th.  Such a yo-yo of emotions!

I think that it's special that Sarah is being confirmed on Therese's birthday.  It gives them a special spiritual connection.

It's a little tough for me because on May 20th my instinct is to turtle emotionally.  Turtle-ing doesn't work on a day that holds a special Sacrament for Sarah, though!

One of these days, it will stop being quite so crazy!....at least I hope it will!