Monday, May 19, 2014

Happy Birthday, Sarah!

Today is a special day in the Hamel Household!  Our very own, Sarah B-Darah turns 15!

I am at a loss as to how 15 years could have possibly gone by since we first met her....yet, here we are!

Sarah was my easiest non-medicated (i.e. no epidural) delivery.(I delivered my first 7 naturally then chose to have medicated births for Luke and Kate.)

During the day that would become her birthday, I remember sitting on our deck under the awning, reading a book as the three boys(6,4, &3) played in the sandbox.  I was having regular, non-painful contractions every 10-15 minutes.  It was a beautiful spring day...not too hot and very sunny!

At 7:00pm, when I laid down next to Jon to snuggle as he went to sleep, I figured that the contractions would taper off.  Well, after 10 minutes and 4 contractions later, Jay and I headed out to the hospital.  Sarah was born at 9:55pm and stole our hearts from the moment they placed her in my arms!

Sarah is easy going, creative and super helpful.  She loves to cook-especially chocolate chip cookies and lemon meringue pies.  She is a great big sister!  She snuggles with Luke and plays dolls with Kate, goes for scooter rides with Peter, and sings lots of song with Ellie(especially songs from Frozen!).


Sarah is very easy going.  She does need some regular quiet time to decompress...but is almost always pretty happy.  I did find one picture a few weeks ago that shows her a little grumpy....but it's a rare find!

She didn't like sharing her newborn baby sister, Ellie!
(Kate has a very similar pouty face, but she uses it much more often!)

Sarah is very smart and a very hard worker!  Actually, she often works too hard and we have to remind her that getting a "B" every once in a while isn't a bad thing!

I don't know what I would do without my extra set of hands!  Having her help and brainstorm along side me is a lot of fun!

 Happy Birthday, Sarah!
You are a very special...and very loved...young lady!