Wednesday, April 18, 2012

No Place Like Home

I give a lot of credit to moms who also have a job outside of the house.  Honestly, I don't know how they do it.  I work one morning a week for my parents at their salon that specializes in hair loss solutions.  It takes so much energy to get out of the house on those mornings!  Our regular morning routine is challenging enough, nevermind adding in having to get myself ready(with make-up and "real" clothes!) and have Kate and Luke ready with a packed diaper bag.  It feels like so much work!  I'm already tired just trying to get out of the house!

My job is not difficult.  When I'm in the salon I do reception work....I also help with some of the billing one night a week but I do that at my parent's house.  By the time I get the kids after work and get home I am SO exhausted.  By the time I nurse the baby and make a quick sandwich for myself it's almost time for the kids to get home from school....and I still have to do the laundry and the kitchen clean up!

I'm pretty sure it's one of those situations where God doesn't give you the grace for something you don't need to do.  If I was in the position where I had to work more, I'm sure I would fall into a routine that would work.  I am VERY grateful that I don't have to work much outside our house....I have a hard enough time running our home as it is!  I already feel like I don't stop(unless I'm nursing Kate but that's still "doing" something and I'm usually working on something else with my free hand at the same time!). 

I appreciate the benefits of staying home with my kids.  I'm glad to be able to nurse my babies on demand, spend the day with my toddlers and be home when my older kids come off the bus to hear about their day.  I'm glad that I have the time to cook dinner for my family....and my husband appreciates that dinner is ready when he steps through the door(well....dinner's ready most of the time!). 

While I do enjoy the occasional time away from my kids......for me, there is "no place like home."