Sunday, April 15, 2012

More Living in the Moment

This is one of those moments that are just the best....when you wish they could just stay little and innocent forever.  Luke loves his baby sister.  He gets down in front of her and says in a squeaky little voice, "Hi!  Hi, honey!"  Their Grandma tried to hold Kate in church this morning and Luke started crying saying, "Nooo, that's my baby sister!"  He definitely loves her..sometimes a little too much.  If you look closely at her pretty little face in the picture she doesn't look as if she's completely sure about the situation.

Luke on the other hand is calm and in charge.  His personality completely fills up and bursts out of his pudgy, two and a half year old body!  He is so smart...and so stubborn.  He is definitely entrenched in the "terrific twos".  His sweet, squeaky voice can quickly change into a whiny, stubborn shout quicker than I can figure out what he's upset about.  "I do myself" is his favorite phrase....and we hear it multiple times a day!

Right now I have a sleeping, snuggly 3 month old in my lap.  I could have put her down and typed with two hands but I didn't want to.  It's one of those times when you just want to soak in the moment and will it to never end(even though you know it will).  Right now is one of those rare moments when you realize that the only things that matter are the two little faces in the picture(and the 6 other not so little faces that live in this house!).  The sleepless nights and the dirty diapers and the cranky toddlers and the cranky teenagers.....none of that really matters.  The love for each of these little ones(and not so little ones) is the only thing that is important.  I am thankful for the grace to be able to feel that tonight.....I hope I can still remember it by the end of this school vacation week!