Thursday, March 5, 2015

This Day We Fight!

Caution:  whining alert!

I'm sorry...this winter is just kicking my New England butt!(and I know I'm not the only one!)  We woke up to more snow falling and, even though it isn't supposed to amount to much, the snow is making everything slippery and still needs to be shoveled.

It's depressing!  We've been buried under white stuff since the end of January and it feels like it will NEVER end!

Ok...rant over!

This has been a long week for me.  You know when you feel like it should be Friday already and it's only Monday that you're in trouble!  This week has been busy and sleep deprived...which never helps anything!  Just last night, Kate was awake from 3:30 to almost 5!  Oh the joys of parenting!

Between the weather, the sleep deprivation, and anxiety I was ready to just wave the white flag and give up!  (I mean, seriously, do you know that it still isn't Friday yet!?!?!)
  



Then I took a deep breath and tried to shrug off the shawl of discouragement that seems to have wrapped itself around me.  A short plea for strength("Please, God, help me to do what needs to be done today!"), a timely blog article entitled "Keeping A Vibrant Spirit in Your Home{When Your Body is Bone-Tired}, and an unexpected compliment have already started to fill my encouragement tank!

Last night and this morning I have been thinking that we need a Braveheart/Lord of the Rings pre-battle type speech to help get us through the rest of this winter!  Aragorn's seemed fairly appropriate!


I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of Men fails
When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship
But it is not this day
An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Man comes crashing down
But it is not this day!
This day we fight!
By all that you hold dear on this good earth
I bid you stand, Men of the West!

(Except in this case it would be "People of the East"!....and our enemies are discouragement, depression, and hopelessness!)

Spring will come....the snow won't last forever(even though it feels it will)!  Hold onto hope....Easter is coming!  (and next week we are forecasted to have 4 days over 40 degrees!!!  Heatwave!!!;)  We will make it!  I'm pretty sure that Spring will be appreciated in an entirely new way this year in New England!

"Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off."
-Proverbs 23:18