Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Seeking Perspective

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I've blogged! Well....I can believe it because last week felt like it lasted a month!

Last Monday, Kate woke up at 4am vomiting.  She vomited about 10 times Monday, had no vomiting during the day on Tuesday.  Then, just as I went to bed on Tuesday at 10:30, vomited every 20 minutes to half hour until 2:45.  It.was.awful! On Wednesday we took her to the doctor hoping for Zophran for the stomach bug we assumed she had.  Turns out...she had strep!  She never even complained about her throat and barely had a fever!  I have never had a child vomit that much with strep!

See...after 8 kids I'm still learning!

It took her the rest of the week and the weekend to seem back to herself!  Poor Kate!  I'm still recovering from the extreme sleep deprivation!  It's been a rough couple of weeks!

Things with my Jamberry Nails business have been very busy, too!  Which is great!  It was just tough to try and stay organized with Kate being so sick.(and no sleep...did I mention that yet!?!)

It's still Lent!

I have to be honest.  I'm still feeling discombobulated with life!  Everything seems a little upside down and overwhelming. I feel like I can give all that I can give every waking hour of each day...and then several times during the nightly wake-up times my lovely cherubs provide....and I just can't get ahead in any facet of my life!

Too much busyness with Jay's schedule, too many bills, too much on the to-do list, and too little time....it all makes me feel like giving up!  I know I'm looking through dirty lenses because it's been a rough couple of weeks health wise....and a rough couple of months weather wise!  Things will get better...Spring and warmer weather are coming!

Sometimes, hope seems a little elusive lately!  It's definitely an opportunity to focus on staying in the moment and on the blessings we have each day.  Somehow it always works out.....eventually!

I've really been enjoying Dynamic Catholic's Lenten series:  "Best Lent Ever".  If you haven't looked into it, there's still 2.5 weeks of Lent left!  It's not too late:)

Yesterday, Dynamic Catholic shared a prayer that St. Francis suggested we pray:
"Holy Spirit, may my heart be open to the Word of God,
may my heart be open to good,
may my heart be open to the beauty of God, every day."

I love it!  I want to work on memorizing Philippians 4:8, too.(I'm terrible at memorizing verses!)
Finally, beloved, whatever is true, 
whatever is honorable,whatever is just, whatever is pure, 
whatever is pleasing,whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Sometimes...all I need is a change in perspective!:)