Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Wonderful Holy Saturday

Well, we survived Lent!  It is a beautiful Holy Saturday at our house!  The ovens and mixer has been working since 7am.  The front yard has been raked and mulched thanks to Jay, Jon, Mike and Luke.(It looks so good...no more snow shovels or Christmas wreath in the flower bed!)  Ellie, Mike, and Sarah have also helped my parents clean up their house and yard for Easter.

It's been a busy, productive day!

The last batch of cookies are in the oven.  I have to say..I am completely exhausted and there's still quite a lot of fun(and work) to be done!  Next up is getting together all the hidden surprises all over my room to put together the kids' baskets tonight.

I have some great pics of Luke using a little wheelbarrow to help with the mulch.....and of Kate making sugar cookies with the girls....I will upload them next week:)

 Besides the sugar cookies, Sarah and I made chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, and gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies.  Sarah also made two lemon meringue pies.  I also made an apple pie, a coconut cheesecake, and a raspberry cheesecake.  (Yesterday I made a chocolate chip cheesecake and a mocha cheesecake)  My plan is to make a homemade sampler platter...some to keep and some to share:)

I hope that you have a wonderful Easter celebrating with your family!