Wednesday, June 13, 2018

My Baby Is Growing Up!

For weeks, Kate has be SO excited to get to today! Graduation Day for Kindergarten! Honestly, this year has gone by so fast and I'm not sure that I'm up for yet another milestone for our family. Particularly because this is the last Kindergarten graduation for our family. Every "absolute last" is always bittersweet..especially for this mama! No matter how much I try and try to slow down time, it just keeps on going!

A few cute "she saids" re: graduation:

This morning, Kate woke up extra early and ran into my bedroom saying, "Did you forget what today is?!?" To which I assured her I remembered and was very excited for her big day!

Yesterday she told me that her graduation started at "9am sharp!", which included a finger wag and a very serious expression.

Before she left for school this morning:
Kate: Make sure you sit on the aisle!
Me: Why?
Kate: You want me to give you a hug when I walk in for my graduation, right?!
Me:(Heart Melting) Of course! (and yes, I did sit on the aisle and she did stop her very cute, exaggerated 'right, together, left' walk to lean over and give me a big hug!)

Between dropping Kate off at school and the graduation time, I was able to sneak in a very short visit at adoration. I spent the time thanking God for Kate and the blessing that she is to our lives and praying for her future. This surprise bonus, bonus baby...and that's not a typo since Luke was our first surprise bonus baby...is just such a spot of joy in our lives. And though my heart breaks just a little at all these lasts, I can truly say that we are "ending on a good note" with this special little girl.

***On a side note, all the Kindergarten students' graduation caps were made by our beloved parishioner Mrs. Ledoux, who turned 101 last month!!! Mrs. Ledoux has been making the graduation caps for 65 years...35 years as the Kindergarten teacher at St Francis(my teacher,too!)  and every year after that. This amazing lady still stops in at the school office about once a week to lend a hand!
Kate the graduate!


All serious in the procession...and right before my hug!

Kate, Luke and Sarah

Daddy and his little girl

My parents with Kate

Jay's Mom with Kate

Kate with Mrs. O, the nicest Kindergarten aide ever!

Kate with her teacher, Mrs. Jason. She had a great year!

The happy graduate

Group selfie with my baby
Bring on summer!