Tuesday, March 21, 2023

He Sees Us

 Lent creates a whole host of different emotions in my heart. It all depends on the year. Some years, I am feeling gung-ho and so ready to challenge myself to grow in all kinds of ways. Other years...not so much. This has been one of those "other years."

This year, I didn't even want to look at Lent. I feel like we've been doing Lent since November! Advent was so hard that my husband and I started calling it "Lent-vent." "Lent-vent" was followed up by a very hard time of grieving at the unexpected loss of a friend. The night of my friend's funeral, the first of our family came down with the norovirus. It was such a rough virus for us and took more than a month to work its way through our family, accompanying us through Ash Wednesday.

There was no excitement over Lent arriving for me this year. There was only exhaustion and burnout. I mostly ignored the fact that Lent was coming because I had no extra emotional space for anything. After the stress of the last few months, I would have been happy to just hibernate for the entirety of Lent and wake up on Easter!

Maybe you can relate?

....Please click here to finish reading my blog post on Catholicmom.com. 

photo credit: LovePeacePrayers.com