Friday, May 16, 2014

Oh How The Time Flies!

I can't believe I haven't blogged all week!  It has been so crazy around here....and the crazy amps up to double the intensity next week!  Bear with me please!

#1:  Company Countdown
Our friends are coming for a visit from Tennessee.  They moved down south about 7 years ago and have only been up once about 5 years ago.  They are staying with us for 2 nights so getting our house company ready...and figuring out the logistics of fitting 6 extra people in the house(!)...is taking up quite a bit of energy!

#2:  Prep Work
Two weeks ago I made a list of things that I felt needed to get done before our visitors come.  Jay has crossed off a couple.  With Mike's help...and some help from Jon and Andrew...we have crossed off a few more this week!  

Wednesday was paint day around here!  Mike and I teamed together to put a fresh coat of paint in the kitchen, dining room, and living room.  The house so needed it!  Jon and Andrew both put a coat of paint on the deck and Mike painted the picnic table.  I painted some trellis for around the deck.  Then, I punted and ordered pizza because it was 5:30 and we were exhausted and trying to put the house back together!

#3:  Rash Boy
Luke broke out with an all-over body rash Wednesday night.  At first I thought it was just from the sunscreen I put on him on Monday because that gave him a small rash just on his arms.  But, after a Google search, I thought it looked like Fifth's Disease.  A trip to the doctors on Thursday morning confirmed my thought.  Thankfully, it's just a virus.  Once they get the rash it isn't contagious anymore.  Oh the joys!

#4:  Cough, Cough
Most of our house has a sinus cold/bronchial cough.  I have been coughing for over a month!  It's only bad for about an hour in the morning, but I just want it to go away!  Now that I'm almost "middle age", I have brought the ability to multi-task to a whole new level!  Who knew that kegels and coughing would be so important to me!

#5:  Cough, Cough, cont.
Kate and Luke have the wonderful cough, too!  Last night, Luke woke up at 9:30 and coughed/whined off and on until close to 11.  When he finally settled down, Kate joined in the fun and coughed for another hour!  Today I can't stop yawning! 

#6:  Tux
Today, Jon and I went to pick out his tux for next week's prom.  I can't believe that he is graduating!  I'm so proud of him but so sad that he's taking another big step in his life.  I'm not ready for them to grow up!  Feeling a little like the dad in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"...."Why do you want to leave me?"

#7:  Busy, Busy, Busy
So, it's not just preparing for house guests that has things feeling crazy around here!  Tonight is Ellie's spring concert and a young adult group event(which Jay is running...well, running the group not the event but he is taking them to the event) at the same time.  Tomorrow is the Baptism of our friend's new baby(if we are all healthy!).  Sunday is Sarah's Confirmation rehearsal and celebrating Sarah's birthday with our families at dinner.  Monday is Sarah's actual birthday.  Tuesday is a field trip with Luke's class during the day(which I'm chaperoning)  and Sarah's Confirmation at night.  Wednesday is Ellie's field trip during the day(which I'm chaperoning) and Sarah's CCD end of year show' at night.  Then.....Thursday our house guests arrive and stay until Saturday.  Oh...and Friday is Jon's prom!

Lots of good things that happen to be piled into the same week! Yikes!

If posts are a little scant in the next week or so.....that's why!  Please don't give up on me!  I will be back into the swing of things before long.(I hope!)  And I'm sure I'll have lots of great pics/stories to share!  Really:)

Like this one.....
Luke is so excited that Mike is home from college!  Luke loves spending time with him.  Earlier this week, Luke told Jay....
Luke:  Daddy, I love all my big brothers!
Jay:  That's really sweet, Luke.
Luke:  Yeah, and my big brothers are really big!  Especially, Michael!  He's the biggest!  He's like a Rescue Bot!

Happy Weekend:)