Monday, May 26, 2014

I Had A Secret!

What a whirlwind the last week has been!

Most days last week were spent on the couch not doing what I had planned because I was so sick with bronchitis!  I missed Luke's field trip on Tuesday, Ellie's field trip on Wednesday, and then I had to cancel our house guests on Thursday!

I have not been that sick in a while....and it just lasted so long!  Friday was the first day that I was able to spend some time off the couch!  Thank-you, God, because Friday was Jon's prom and I was able to take pictures of him and his friends at promenade and at a local gazebo.

We were also able to have our friends from Tennessee over for a simple cookout Friday night.  I was disappointed that we weren't able to spend all the time with them that we originally planned, but I was very happy to at least be able to see them for a couple of hours!

They left early on Friday night-around 8:30- and I was exhausted!

Saturday was a little better, but I still had to do some couch time and take a nap!  But I needed to get better because there was something very special that I had planned for Sunday and I absolutely needed to function!
Curious?

It has been sooooo hard to keep quiet about what I have been planning!  There have been so many times I wanted to write about what I was thinking...or stressing about...but I couldn't because the surprise was for Jay and he reads my blog!:)

Jay has a big birthday coming up in 2 weeks and I wanted to throw him a surprise party.  It was an incredible day and a huge surprise for Jay!  I am so happy the way it turned out and so grateful for all the ways that God blessed the day!  From the weather to the help from my family and friends, the party went so smoothly!  I am so grateful!  Because after being sick on the couch all week, having the party could have been ugly!

It totally wasn't, though!

I can't wait to share all about it but I don't have time tonight!

Not sure I will have time tomorrow either.  Tomorrow is jam-packed with Peter's IEP, a doctor's appointment and Senior Awards Night for Jon.  (I'm pretty sure I will need to fit a nap in there somewhere, too!  I'm getting better but still not 100%!)

I promise that I will catch up at some point this week!  I have some great pics from the prom shots and of course lots from the party!

I hope you had a great long weekend!