Wednesday, May 7, 2014

How is it Wednesday already?

Wow!  How did it get to be Wednesday already!

Thankfully, my anxiety levels are much better this week.  I have moments that aren't so pleasant, but I have more moments that are "normal".  I'm still moving forward with being nice to myself and getting help that will hopefully help the panic attacks go away completely!

So...Mother's Day is coming up this weekend!  Originally, I had this big brunch idea in my head with a strawberry theme and recipes already picked out......

.....But, with the panic attack/migraine issue, I have decided to punt because I just don't think I'm up for that.  My parents very generously invited us out to a local restaurant for brunch.(My sister and I always fill all my mom's planters for Mother's Day.)  I talked to my sisters-in-law, and they are going to the brunch, too, and we will take my mother-in-law as well.

Which is great because that means, once lunch is done, we can have the rest of the day to just relax!

(and focus on me:)

I have read multiple bloggers talk about just telling your spouse/kids what it is that you really want for Mother's Day.  They almost never guess right, anyway, even when you drop lots of hints.  It takes the pressure off the guys!  Maybe your guy is different, but most of the guys I know feel lost when it comes to really knowing what's in our heads!

So I did.  I told Jay that for Mother's Day I wanted pizza for dinner and homemade strawberry cupcakes for dessert.  As for a "present", I really want the deck painted and for lattice to be put up around the edges of it.  I have 2 hanging planters and one pot that need to be filled.  Because of the weather, the painting probably won't happen this weekend.  Hopefully, at some point next week, it will be dry enough that the older boys,(Mike and Andrew are done with school this week), can get it done!

Then, the backyard will be ready for our lawn furniture/awning that has been stored away over this looooonnnng winter and for all the friends and family cookouts I hope we will be having!

What's hiding in your head as a Mother's Day wish?