Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School!

Today continues our long, drawn out 2 week process of the kids returning to school.

I have to say that, for the most part, I am glad that the return to school is just spread out.  (I only wish that Peter was the first child returning to school, not the last!)

Ellie began her school year as a 5th grader today!  It's still unbelievable to me that she is one year away from middle school.  You would think after all this practice that I would be used to this whole growing up process....but I'm not!  It still surprises me...and makes me a little sad:(

Ellie was a combo of excited and nervous.  She was up and dressed early today...ready to start her new adventure.  This is the first.time.ever that she is the oldest family member in her school!  Since Luke will be starting preschool there next week, Ellie will be the 'big sister' at school instead of just the 'little sister' that has been her role for the last 5 years!

Ellie did get a little teary eyed this morning when she was talking to Luke and told him that she was going to miss playing with him today!  So sweet:)

Ellie has never been camera shy...as is apparent in her 'first day of fifth grade' photos!



I can't wait to hear about her day!

I guess yesterday was a little too relaxed(!), because I forgot all about filling out all of the paperwork the school gave us at last week's open house!  Oops!

I will get it done today....and hopefully keep on top of all of the other paperwork that will accompany all of the other children over the next week and 2 days!

I hope your back to school time isn't too chaotic!  If anyone has any tips I would be glad to hear them!