Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Mom's Summer "A" Game

This was an actual conversation at our house just the other day:

My two youngest kids on their last day of school: "Woo hoo! Summer vacation! I'm so excited!"
Same kids(5 minutes later): "So, what are we doing tomorrow, Mom??"
Me:(after several seconds of silence...a couple of "Umm's"...and a little anxiety): "Well, we need to go grocery shopping."
Kids: (groan in unison)
Me: (groans on the inside thinking of visiting multiple stores with kids in tow!)

Summer vacation... it's such a special time of year. With kids ranging from 7 to 26, I've certainly had a lot of experience with summer vacation.(and lived to tell about it!)

I actually like having my kids home with me. (At least most of the time!) This year though, I just don't feel like I'm on my "A" game.

Head on over here to read the rest of my post on embracing summer parenting over at Catholicmom.com.